[users at i-scream] Missing information/fields in sg_fs_stats

Jens Rehsack rehsack at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 23 09:17:22 BST 2010

2010/10/22 Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>:
> Jens Rehsack <rehsack at googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> 1) a field what contains the mount options
>> 2) a field containing some kind of state/type:
>
> Those both sound like they'd be generally useful to me -- there's
> already some (fairly hacky) logic in libstatgrab to try to identify
> "system" filesystems on other platforms, and it'd be nice to expose all
> of them with some additional metadata.
>
> Are the mount options just a string, or is there more structure on AIX?

I have to take a look when I'm back to office (weekend \o/) - but I expect
it's a string or a bitfield.

Currently we think about hacking sg_fs_stats in another direction.
Probably I already said - we plan to use libstatgrab in an snmpd for
real-time monitoring (see first prototype and required patches to snmp++
and agent++ libraries in http://www.netbsd.org/~sno/agent++/).

sg_get_fs_stats could block our update routine when a network filesystem
is encountered. So we think about splitting it into two routines and fill the
information separately. The current routine could stay and call both new
routines for backward compatibility.

How does it sound?

Jens