[users at i-scream] Current snapshot, "Roadmap" and some questions to clearify

Jens Rehsack rehsack at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 11 15:01:23 BST 2011

Hi,

as usual I uploaded a snapshot of the current development state of
libstatgrab to http://www.netbsd.org/~sno/smart-snmpd/.
The latest changes include (beside bug fixes):
- NetBSD/FreeBSD port to sysctl API
- start of Darwin support
- simple functionality tests
- fixes to build man-pages
- doc-fix to include all (new) functions (API only, no description)
- trace support via log4cplus (trunk)

The next steps will be to finish the Mach/Darwin support and try basic
Windows support.
If anyone wants to add more tests - they will be very welcome.

Questions:
I suggest to install man-pages always, but --disable-manpages will
prevent to build them.
Further I suggest to merge examples and tests - because the examples
are finally tests,
too. Any objections to one of them?

I asked some time before for feedback - would anyone please be so kind
and review the
changes and give me feedback if I'm on the right way?

Can anyone of the native speakers care updating the documentation?

Thanks so far,
Jens