[users at i-scream] statgrab freezes Solaris 10

Jens Rehsack rehsack at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:37:53 BST 2011

2011/7/19 CISSE Amadou <cisse.amadou.9 at gmail.com>:
> Hi,

> I'm using libstatgrab with solaris 10,
> whenever i launch the statgrab program, solaris10 freezes for a while 6+
> minutes, before statgrab shows the result.

Without comparing my local "fixes" with the 0.17 release state, do you
test in a zone with some resources capped?

Does the system really freezes or does statgrab simply takes a while to
display the results? What kind of machine do you use for testing (E250?)

> 1. I install libstatgrab 0.17 from source.
> 2. i run it manually for each query, cpu. mem. etc., they each caused the
> system to freeze the same but for lesser amounts of time.
> I'm sort of a newbie on solaris, if anyone has had a similar problem before,
> please help.

Can you verify if it takes the same time when using the statgrab from
http://www.netbsd.org/~sno/smart-snmpd/?

> Cheers.
> --
> Amadou CISSE