[users at i-scream] Upcoming libstatgrab Tests and -coordination

Jens Rehsack rehsack at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 08:48:31 BST 2013

Hi all :)

This is a round-mail for everyone wants participating in testing
upcoming libstatgrab release.

We're moving with quantum jumps to a release candidate.
So we probably need (this round) a manual test db with checking
build platforms and compilers, collects build reports and test
reports and makes them accessible.

I suggest Tim for this job (because he did well in the last weeks) :)

My suggestion:

*BSD - Build with
   * gcc / clang (where available)
   * 32-bit / 64-bit
   * +threads / - threads
Linux - build with
   * gcc / clang / sunpro / icc
     http://software.intel.com/en-us/non-commercial-software-development

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solarisstudio/downloads/index.html
   * 32-bit / 64-bit
   * +threads / - threads
HP-UX - build with
   * 11.11/hppa, 11.23/hppa, 11.23/ia64, 11.31/ia64
   * gcc / acc
   * 32-bit / 64-bit
     ==> CFLAGS="+w1 -O -AC99 +z +DAportable +M0 +ESconstlit"
         CFLAGS="+w1 -O -AC99 +z +DD32 +M0 +ESconstlit"
         CFLAGS="+w1 -O -AC99 +z +DD64 +M0 +ESconstlit"
   * +threads / - threads
AIX - build with
   * Power5+ :)
   * AIX 5.2, 5.3, 6.1 and 7.1 (if available - as always)
   * xlc / gcc
   * 32-bit / 64-bit
   * +threads / - threads
Solaris - build with
   * Solaris 8-11/sparc, 10-11/x86
   * gcc / SunPro
   * 32/64-bit
   * +threads / - threads

I don't know how such a matrix should look like - I hope Tim has a
nice idea or get help ;)

@Tux: I hope you can cover most AIX tests and those HP-UX tests I
can't do. An appropriate configure followed by
$ make -i
$ for a in cpu. mem. load. user. swap. general. fs. disk. net. page. ;
do src/statgrab/statgrab $a >/dev/null; done
$ for a in cpu_usage disk_traffic filesys_snapshot load_stats
network_iface_stats network_traffic os_info page_stats process_snapshot
process_stats user_list vm_stats; do
   ./examples/$a &
   pid=$!
   sleep 2
   kill $pid
done
$ make test

should give an impression. When all of that is logged (script, tee,
...), Tim probably can store it like perl-testers db does it (create
identifier from all above needed)

@Wendy: I know you know a lot of people. Maybe you can help us find
testers - the earlier we have it out, the earlier I can update
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Unix-Statgrab/ (I got FIRST from Tassilo).

Cheers
--
Jens Rehsack