[users at i-scream] cygnus support for libstatgrab-0.7

Tim Bishop tim at bishnet.net
Mon Nov 10 21:28:06 GMT 2003

Ron,

Thanks for the patch, we've incorporated it into our main CVS tree
with a few minor alterations. We'll look forward to receiving any
future patches you want send us.

Here's the CVS commit:
http://lists.i-scream.org/pipermail/cvs-all/2003-November/000208.html

Can you test out the snapshot build I've done?
http://snapshots.i-scream.org/libstatgrab/libstatgrab-0.7.1.tar.gz

It incorporates your changes, plus other changes we've made since 0.7.

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 02:57:23PM +0100, Ron Arts wrote:
> Cygwin needs ncurses, so people compiling
> under cygwin also need to ./configure --with-ncurses,
> maybe someone can force that default when
> compiling under cygnus? I'm not an autoconf
> expert yet.

I personally didn't find a problem here. I didn't need to do
--with-ncurses, and I didn't have to add the lines to configure.in
that you had to do. Let me know if the snapshot build does this ok.

> Another thing is that cygwin ncurses-devel
> package is broken. After installing it, run
> /etc/postinstall/libncurses-devel.sh.done to
> correct it.

I had this problem too, and your suggestion fixed it :-)

> Note that I also replaced fclose() with endmntent()
> in disk_stats.c. The FILE* that is returned by
> setmntent() is not a real FILE* under cygwin, so you
> can't run fclose() on it.

Well spotted. This has been corrected as suggested.

Cheers,
Tim.

--
Tim Bishop