[users at i-scream] Another one who wants AIX support

Jens Rehsack rehsack at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 26 20:28:15 BST 2010

2010/8/25 Jens Rehsack <rehsack at googlemail.com>:
> Hi all,

Hi again,

> to my request, Tim Bishop told me, that on the list was
> another guy who want's to work on AIX support. Before
> I double effort, are there any news?
>
> Otherwise I would start implementing some stats using
> documented calls from nmon as described here:
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/WikiPtype/ryo
>
> I can't access to the cvs repository from the office (firewall
> allows only http and https traffic), but I need to have a clean
> point to start. I would "mirror" the repository from my home
> pc and import it into a svn repo here, adding the metrics
> and submit the diff back in a few days.
>
> I don't see a good chance to synchronize in the meantime,
> except a public svn or git repo (http accessible) would be
> available.

first day result is proc_stats, disk_io_stats and fs_stats (no
test/example).

I've recognized that the most functions are not reintrant, what
limits their usability in threaded environments (as we plan).
What is the preferred way out? Locking or rewriting the code
to be reintrant?

Merijn, Rainer - if you can test the AIX functionality (in preparation
if support for Unix::StatGrab, which is handed over to my from
Tassilo) and give some feedback, would be great.

Best regards,
Jens