[users at i-scream] New Snaphot of libstatgrab changes available

Jens Rehsack rehsack at googlemail.com
Mon May 9 12:16:45 BST 2011

2011/5/9 Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser at sigpipe.cz>:
> # rehsack at googlemail.com / 2011-05-06 12:25:40 +0200:
>> Hi,
>>
>> even if it's slightly frustrating getting neither feedback nor
>> to http://www.netbsd.org/~sno/smart-snmpd/.
>> I tried to document at least all changes I made so far. Open points:
>> Fixing NetBSD, FreeBSD, OpenBSD and MacOS X (Darwin).
>> I tend to leave Windows-fixes for the next version :)
>>
>> I couldn't excessive test on HP-UX [...]
>
> what kind of feedback are you asking for?

- review of the thread changes
- review of the API consolidation
- review of the updated manpages
- review of docbook2man detection
- prove of "make test"
- answers to the examples/test consolidation
- feedback to earlier question I've asked on the list

>  my area of interest is
> FreeBSD 8, RHEL 5, Windows (2003 Server, 7) or newer.  as far as i could
> tell from your emails, your code doesn't compile yet on either of these
> systems.

Well, why doesn't compile on FreeBSD 8 or RHEL 5? There're some
additional things to do for FreeBSD, but not much. RHEL should do
fine as Ubuntu and SLES (last ones are fully tested). Having TODO's
doesn't mean it fails to compile.

Another kind of very welcome feedback would be: "I take care for the
Windows part" or "Here, I'm willing to test on X, Y and Z".

And the feedback I've asked for (many times before) wasn't OS related.

> i cannot speak for others, but a public repository at github instead of
> the occasional tarball would make me more inclined to take a look, and
> perhaps even submit a patch.

Probably take a look into the tarball would help - it's a git repository.
And no, I won't upload (or push) it to github. Fetching the tarball,
unpacking it and then doing whatever you do with git would produce
the same result.

/Jens